* Re: Re: [9fans] laptop ethernet options
@ 2006-06-29 15:37 Brian L.Stuart
From: Brian L.Stuart @ 2006-06-29 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> It's a NEC Vectra LX. Pentium 2 processor, 32 megs of RAM, 2 gig hard
> drive. PCMCIA slot, one USB port. Hope that helps.

I have run Plan 9 on the similar LXi with PCMCIA ethernet.  However,
the last time I tried (a while back), I had trouble getting the ethernet
to work.  There seem to be some tricks/chicken sacrifices associated
with PCMCIA that I've never quite gotten the hang of.  I also used
to sometimes have issues with the video, but with the new VESA
driver, that shouldn't be a problem any more.

BLS

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-06-29 15:37 UTC | newest]