* [9fans] cron file owned by bootes
@ 2006-08-19 15:16 Rodolfo (kix)
From: Rodolfo (kix) @ 2006-08-19 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

when I install a CPU server, I get always the message "<host><date> cron for
user owned by bootes"

the problem is the line "main: create /active/cron/user bootes bootes d775"
of "
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Configuring_a_standalone_CPU_server/index.html
"

What is the best solution to solve the problem?

I think is better to change the wiki document, I don't have any problem to
change it.

slds.
--
Rodolfo García "kix"

* Re: [9fans] cron file owned by bootes
@ 2006-08-19 17:17 ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2006-08-19 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Me too, I just use a window to 'cat /dev/kprint'.

I almost suspect these are debug messages as there was a cron bug I
thought I read about a few months back..

Is that accurate?   I've not had the time to complain about this one
yet myself :-)

Dave

@ 2006-08-19 19:24 ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2006-08-19 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> the problem is the line "main: create /active/cron/user bootes bootes d775"

It's a wiki bug.  It should read

   main: create /active/cron/bootes bootes bootes d775

I'll fix later today.