* [9fans] T21 and boot problems
@ 2007-04-22  7:12 Alexey Shevchuck
From: Alexey Shevchuck @ 2007-04-22  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi. I'm newbee to Plan9.
I have IBM ThinkPad T21 and Plan9 iso image downloaded about 1 week ago.
All installed ok, but I couldn't boot it.
It freezes after:
dev A0 port 1F0 config 427A capabilites 2F00 mwdma 0007 udma 043F
dev A0 port 180 config 85C0 capabilites 0F00 mwdma 0007 udma 0407

If I insert bootable plan9 cd, then it found boot loader on it. Looks like it
couldn't find boot loader at hdd.
Loader insalled as <plan9> item in menu.
I have Plan9 partiton at /dev/hda3
/dev/hda1: 600Mb Linux swap
/dev/hda2: 500Mb Linux root
/dev/hda3: 5Gb Plan9
-> /dev/sdC0/plan9/9fat
-> /dev/sdC0/plan9/fossil
-> /dev/sdC0/plan9/nvram
-> /dev/sdC0/plan9/swap
I try to install Plan9 to my first <linux swap, /dev/hda1> partition. Same
thing.

<I couldn't create bootable floppy, because T21 UltraBay don't understanded
properly (maybe :]), and I couldn't swap cdrom and floppy drive>

I found similar problem in this mail-list. But it solved by using old boot
loader. I don't know where can I get it.
Please, send me boot loader to public.avatar@gmail.com, or explain, how can I
solve this problem better.
May be I must write this to bugtraq or somewhere else?