* [9fans] (no subject)
@ 2007-05-08 23:02 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2007-05-08 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I am getting an unusual error from replica when I try to
do a pull from the the labs,  looking the source I am not
clear what is happening or what to do about it.

	term% replica/pull -v /dist/replica/network -s 386/bin/aquarela
	post...
	stopped updating log apply time because of lib/video.specs
	386/bin/aquarela: locally modified; will not update

I have a seccond server that is perfectly happy so I assume
I have corrupted my local state.

Anyone any thoughts or should I delve deeper into replica?

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] replica error
@ 2007-05-09  0:11 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2007-05-09  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I am getting an unusual error from replica when I try to
> do a pull from the the labs,  looking the source I am not
> clear what is happening or what to do about it.
>
> 	term% replica/pull -v /dist/replica/network -s 386/bin/aquarela
> 	post...
> 	stopped updating log apply time because of lib/video.specs
> 	386/bin/aquarela: locally modified; will not update
>
> I have a seccond server that is perfectly happy so I assume
> I have corrupted my local state.
>
> Anyone any thoughts or should I delve deeper into replica?

The context here is that the log apply time
marks the point in /dist/replica/client/plan9.log
where the system is up-to-date.  Future pulls
start there in the log.  If you specify only a
subset of the files to pull then this time does
not get updated if there is a file in the remainder
of the log that would need to be copied but is not
specified in the list of files to process.

That prompts the question, where did I specify
a list of files to process?  The answer is that
the argument you have given as /dist/replica/network
is the first non-option argument, so -s and 386/bin/aquarela
are taken as two more non-option arguments.
The correct command line is

	replica/pull -v -s 386/bin/aquarela /dist/replica/network

or just

	pull -v -s 386/bin/aquarela

using /usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull.  The latter exists mainly
so that you don't have to remember the former.

Russ