* [9fans] ICH7
@ 2007-05-10 14:46 Iruata Souza
From: Iruata Souza @ 2007-05-10 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

is anyone working on the 'SATA: Intel ICH7-M chipset with an 82801GBM
AHCI SATA interface' listed in the wiki?

iru

* Re: [9fans] ICH7
@ 2007-05-10 14:53 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-05-10 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i will be releasing an intel 63xxesb ahci driver within a week or
so.  if you would be willing to help me with that chipset (i have
no ich7m hardware), it should be no problem.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] ICH7
@ 2007-05-10 15:08   ` Iruata Souza
From: Iruata Souza @ 2007-05-10 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 5/10/07, erik quanstrom <quanstro@coraid.com> wrote:
> i will be releasing an intel 63xxesb ahci driver within a week or
> so.  if you would be willing to help me with that chipset (i have
> no ich7m hardware), it should be no problem.
>
> - erik

i have no experience in driver development under plan 9 but i have the
hardware (82801GBM).
if is there anything i can help, count on me.

iru

* Re: [9fans] ICH7
@ 2007-05-10 20:53   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-05-10 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

coraid is pleased to release an intel ahci driver for the
63xxesb chipset.  it's available at /n/sources/patch/sd63xxesb.

this driver supports hotplugging including suprise removal
for all 6 ports.  in phoenixbios you need to enable sata and
enhanced mode but do not need to enable ahci.  your bios
may vary.

the 63xxesb hardware appears to perform well.  with samsung
spinpoint drives, i was able to exceed 80MB/s read with little
system load.

the driver also has atapi support code, but this is untested except
by sata analyzer.  (i don't have a sata cdrom.)

i believe the varients of ich7/ich9 which support ahci should
also be supported if you add the did for the device in question.
i did add did 0x27c[45] for the 82801g[bh]m (ich7) controller.
this device is untested.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] ICH7
@ 2007-05-10 21:01     ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2007-05-10 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Re: [9fans] ICH7
@ 2007-05-10 21:23       ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-05-10 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Woot.  I'm starting to really like Coraid :-)
>
> Now the real question:  How do we get Coraid interested in USB 2.0
> drivers? ;-)
>
> Paul

thank you.

* Re: [9fans] ICH7
@ 2007-05-10 22:01       ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2007-05-10 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

There are USB 2.0 drivers in the works, just not publicly released, as usual.

uriel

On 5/10/07, Paul Lalonde <plalonde@telus.net> wrote:

* Re: [9fans] ICH7
@ 2007-05-10 22:06         ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2007-05-10 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i heard there's a bluetooth stack in the works too :P

On 5/10/07, Uriel <uriel99@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are USB 2.0 drivers in the works, just not publicly released, as usual.
>
> uriel

* Re: [9fans] ICH7
@ 2007-05-10 22:30           ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2007-05-10 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm pissed that the ESP interface is not out either, I'm ready for the
mind meld, I want to talk to Glenda telepathically. Or maybe
telepathetically?

Man oh man. These people who work for free, on drivers, and don't put
out -- what's with these guys?

:-)

ron

* Re: [9fans] ICH7
@ 2007-05-10 22:35             ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2007-05-10 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Man oh man. These people who work for free, on drivers, and don't put
> out -- what's with these guys?

I heard they're all secretly porting Linux to Plan 9.

--lyndon

   The longest UNIX error code is ENAMETOOLONG.