* [9fans] pcc/8c include stuff
@ 2007-06-10 20:21 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-06-10 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i deleted the original message.  russ, i can't verify your claim
that pcc always seaches . first by experiment.

pcc -Iplan9 -I. from the top directory does what was intended.
i tested using <inc1.h> and not "inc1.h".  the problem was the
behavior was not the same when using kenc with the -p option.

i did not test my change, but i assume that if you don't pass pcc
-I. -Iplan9 and instead pass the command line that worked orignally,
it will still work.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] pcc/8c include stuff
@ 2007-06-10 21:03 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2007-06-10 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i deleted the original message.  russ, i can't verify your claim
> that cpp always seaches . first by experiment.
>
> cpp -Iplan9 -I. from the top directory does what was intended.
> i tested using <inc1.h> and not "inc1.h".  the problem was the
> behavior was not the same when using kenc with the -p option.
>
> i did not test my change, but i assume that if you don't pass cpp
> -I. -Iplan9 and instead pass the command line that worked orignally,
> it will still work.

you are correct that 8c -p misbehaves on #include <inc1.h>.
the original mail and my reply were about #include "inc1.h".

russ