* [9fans] autoroff revisited
@ 2007-06-11 14:41 Christian Kellermann
From: Christian Kellermann @ 2007-06-11 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Dear List,

is it possible to have a tag line specific for each file type I
plumb to acme? In my particular case I'd like to have russ' autoroff
script mentioned before on this list as an addtional command
automatically available in my window's tagline.

Thanks for any hints,

Christian

--
You may use my gpg key for replies:
pub  1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 194 bytes --]

* Re: [9fans] autoroff revisited
@ 2007-06-11 15:53 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2007-06-11 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> is it possible to have a tag line specific for each file type I
> plumb to acme? In my particular case I'd like to have russ' autoroff
> script mentioned before on this list as an addtional command
> automatically available in my window's tagline.

you could write a script called auto that did the right
thing, whatever that is, for many windows by
reading the window tag (cat /mnt/acme/$winid/tag)
to get the file name, and then put auto in a column tag
or the overall acme tag.  then you can click on it anywhere
even though it doesn't appear in each window tag.

you could also write a program to watch /mnt/acme/index
for changes and append to the tags of new windows.

russ