* Re: [9fans] Floppy Image
@ 2007-07-26  6:20 Ben Knuth
From: Ben Knuth @ 2007-07-26  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

--
Click for free info on rehab treatments for drug & alcohol dependency
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4eH4lCjCn4OcKh4D3Sp2EnwpC6p72pt2do0AooeUTlm3WUln/

* Re: [9fans] Floppy Image
@ 2007-07-25 20:32   ` Jack Johnson
From: Jack Johnson @ 2007-07-25 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 7/25/07, john@csplan9.rit.edu <john@csplan9.rit.edu> wrote:

> > My Linux system tells me the .gz'd floppy image is corrupt. I have
> > an IBM from circa 1997 I would like to test run Plan 9 on. Any help
> > would be appreciated!
>
> I would think that a computer from 1997 would be able to boot from
> a CD-ROM... can't it?

If not, use this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/btmgr/

-Jack

* Re: [9fans] Floppy Image
@ 2007-07-25 20:29 ` raphael rsc
From: raphael rsc @ 2007-07-25 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i also tried booting a plan9 floppy on a old machine and all floppies
complained about no valid dos fs found. even if it mounts on a freebsd
and netbsd os with all the files on.
Raphael

On 7/25/07, Ben Knuth <lacrossguy12@hushmail.com> wrote:

> --
> Bad web design can hurt your business! Click to hire a professional
> http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4eGtzpJrK64QYyHuTgBdQGr9x2A2zAG5OwVDVlsEu5by0wdH/

* Re: [9fans] Floppy Image
@ 2007-07-25 20:21 ` john
From: john @ 2007-07-25 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> My Linux system tells me the .gz'd floppy image is corrupt. I have
> an IBM from circa 1997 I would like to test run Plan 9 on. Any help
> would be appreciated!

I would think that a computer from 1997 would be able to boot from
a CD-ROM... can't it?

John

* [9fans] Floppy Image
@ 2007-07-25 18:13 Ben Knuth