* [9fans] 9pfuse error: 'unexpected open flags'
@ 2007-12-03 22:37 John Soros
From: John Soros @ 2007-12-03 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi!
I'm trying to mount my cpu server's filesystem on my linux pc. I have updated p9p to the latest version using hg pull -u.
the steps I do to mount it are:
$ srv -a servername
$ 9 mount `namespace`/servername /mnt/servername
after this, if I do
$ ls /mnt/servername
it tells me
unexpected open flags 02304000ls: cannot open directory /mnt/servername: Permission denied
although I can cd into a directory:
$ cd /mnt/servername/usr
but then ls fails with the same error, and cding into a non-existent directory doesn't work:
$ cd /mnt/servername/fubar
bash: cd: /mnt/servername/fubar: No such file or directory

cheers
Johnny

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-12-03 22:37 UTC | newest]