* [9fans] Does sam have browse command
@ 2008-02-27  3:40 Hongzheng Wang
From: Hongzheng Wang @ 2008-02-27  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi all,

I notice that the ed editor shipped by Plan9 has a browse command b,
which can be used to print a page for each invocation.  And I think it
is a new feature (? I'm not sure in fact).  I wonder if sam has also
such a convenient command?  Well, I know it is not necessary in sam
since sam can use mouse language.  But it will be useful in
non-download mode.

Thanks.

--
HZ

* [9fans] Fwd: Does sam have browse command
@ 2008-02-28  2:56 ` Hongzheng Wang
From: Hongzheng Wang @ 2008-02-28  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I checked the upe, and also the document of GNU ed.  It seems that the
`b' command is really a new feature.  Then, when such a browse command
was not here yet, how conveniently did users browse in page to page
manner in ed or sam -d?

Thanks.

 I notice that the ed editor shipped by Plan9 has a browse command b,
 which can be used to print a page for each invocation.  And I think it
 is a new feature (? I'm not sure in fact).  I wonder if sam has also
 such a convenient command?  Well, I know it is not necessary in sam
 since sam can use mouse language.  But it will be useful in
 non-download mode.

 Thanks.

--
HZ

* Re: [9fans] Fwd: Does sam have browse command
@ 2008-02-28  8:58   ` Martin Neubauer
From: Martin Neubauer @ 2008-02-28  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

.,.+20p

@ 2008-02-28 17:29     ` Hongzheng Wang
From: Hongzheng Wang @ 2008-02-28 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

Thanks.  But it seems that this instruction only works in ed.  With
sam, however, the printed area will be increasely expanded each time
rather than be disjoined ones.

--

@ 2008-02-28 19:39       ` Martin Neubauer
From: Martin Neubauer @ 2008-02-28 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Well, for what b provides this is probably good enough. You can use .+,.+20p for
disjoined chunks, or .+-,.+20p for what b does in ed. It's all in the man
page, though.

@ 2008-02-29  3:24         ` Hongzheng Wang
From: Hongzheng Wang @ 2008-02-29  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thanks.  It works.  So an encapsulated browse command might be more
convenient for sam.
Just a wish :-)

--
HZ