* [9fans] [OT] kerTeX and gcc4
@ 2011-03-08 20:26 tlaronde at polynum.com
From: tlaronde at polynum.com @ 2011-03-08 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have finally taken my courage with both hands and fixed BibTeX 0.99d
for inclusion in kerTeX.

I'm now verifying that the whole works (i.e. what used to work still
works, and bibtex works too).

On my main development system at the moment (NetBSD), I had gcc3 before,
and now gcc4.

With gcc4, inimf(1) compiles and "seems" to work but fails on the dump
of plain.mf.

With gcc3, it works...

Has somebody any clue about reserved words, gcc libraries etc. that I
should look at, or more generally a way to track down what the hell is
going on (with the exact same sources; specifying C89 doesn't work; no
optimization neither).

TIA
                      http://www.kergis.com/

* [9fans] [OT] kerTeX and gcc4
@ 2011-03-08 21:32 ` tlaronde at polynum.com
From: tlaronde at polynum.com @ 2011-03-08 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 09:26:53PM +0100, tlaronde at polynum.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> With gcc4, inimf(1) compiles and "seems" to work but fails on the dump
> of plain.mf.
>
> With gcc3, it works...

I had still in CFLAGS "-O2". "Downgrading" to "-O", it works (this is
the only level of optimization supported by POSIX IIRC)...

                      http://www.kergis.com/