From: David du Colombier <0intro@gmail.com>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] Installation problem
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 21:30:02 +0200	[thread overview]

> I tried "echo dma on > /dev/sdC0/ctl" in a new terminal, but I am
> getting the same error during bootsetup.
>
> "cat /dev/sdC0/ctl"  prints
> inquiry TSSTCorpCDDVDW SH-S223C I002
> config 85C0 capabilities 0F00 dma 00000001 dmactl 00000001
> interrupts read 3009 write 2966 cmds 5928
> part data 0 206583
> part 9fat 116744 118184
>
> I am using plan9 from 9legacy.org. plan9 and 9front did not boot in
> my system.

These CD images already enable DMA by default in the
ATA driver, so this step shouldn't be necessary.

You could try 9atom, as suggested by Erik, since he
uses different ATA and AHCI drivers.

What disk controller are you using? Does it support AHCI?
If so, have you tried to switch it to AHCI mode?

The 9legacy CD images also includes the AHCI driver
in the CD installer, in case your controller is supported.

--
David du Colombier