* [9fans] arm breakpoints
@ 2013-01-06 15:02 Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2013-01-06 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I had a surprise when I tried to debug a user process on the raspberry pi.
The first time it hit a breakpoint, the kernel panicked.  Oops.

It turns out than on armv6 (and armv7, I think) the breakpoint instruction
causes a Prefetch Abort exception, instead of Undefined Instruction as on
previous arm architectures.

I've updated the rpi kernel source to deal with this.  I wonder if
somebody with plan 9 on an armv7 system (omap or teg2) could check
whether the same panic occurs there too?