* [9fans] 9atom patches
@ 2013-07-03 16:19 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-07-03 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

if you're interested in the details on patches applied to 9atom

	echo subscribe | mail sources-owner@9atom.org

cf. mlmgr(8) http://www.9atom.org/magic/man2html/1/mlmgr

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9atom patches
@ 2013-07-03 17:17 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-07-03 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed Jul  3 12:35:16 EDT 2013, quanstro@quanstro.net wrote:
> if you're interested in the details on patches applied to 9atom
>
> 	echo subscribe | mail sources-owner@9atom.org
>
> cf. mlmgr(8) http://www.9atom.org/magic/man2html/1/mlmgr

and should you wish to submit patch, the *experimental*
patch system may be installed with the following on any plan 9 system.

	9fs atom &&
		disk/mkfs -bkv -s /n/atom/plan9/rc/bin -d . <{echo apatch - -; echo '	+'}

you may need to copy bits from /n/atom/plan9/rc/bin/9fs for this to work.

i'm trying to keep all changes (especially locally generated ones)
inside the patch system.  149 patches were applied in jun.

patches that fix one particular issue or add a bit of functionality
are very likely to be applied quickly.  but structural changes will
be seriously considered, altnough the aim is to stay as close to
sources as possible.  style(6) is important since the aim is to
not edit patches.

finally, please bear with me.  one's reach often exceeds one's grasp.

- erik

* [9fans] How to mount 9atom
@ 2013-08-27 11:14   ` Steffen Daode Nurpmeso
From: Steffen Daode Nurpmeso @ 2013-08-27 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Jens Staal wrote:
 How can i mount 9atom?

erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:
 |On Wed Jul  3 12:35:16 EDT 2013, quanstro@quanstro.net wrote:
 |>if you're interested in the details on patches applied to 9atom
 |>
 |>echo subscribe | mail sources-owner@9atom.org
 |>
 |>cf. mlmgr(8) http://www.9atom.org/magic/man2html/1/mlmgr
 |
 |and should you wish to submit patch, the *experimental*
 |patch system may be installed with the following on any plan 9 system.
 |
 |9fs atom &&
 |disk/mkfs -bkv -s /n/atom/plan9/rc/bin -d . <{echo apatch - -; echo '	+'}
 |
 |you may need to copy bits from /n/atom/plan9/rc/bin/9fs for this to work.

->
  case atom
          # import -E ssl atom.9atom.org /n/atom /n/atom
          srv $nflag -q tcp!atom.9atom.org atom &&
                  mount $nflag /srv/atom /n/atom atom

 |- erik

--steffen