* [9fans] Update Raspberry Pi Steps (Wiki Confusion)
@ 2014-06-29 21:28 Brian Vito
From: Brian Vito @ 2014-06-29 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I am trying to update my Raspberry Pi, and I've run:

replica/pull -v /dist/replica/network

The wiki at
http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Updating_an_ARM_system/index.html
says that I now have to recompile anything which has changed by running 'mk
install' in the appropriate directory. What is / which are the appropriate
directory(ies)? I can't seem to figure out where the update source code is.
Thanks very much.

* Re: [9fans] Update Raspberry Pi Steps (Wiki Confusion)
@ 2014-06-29 21:43 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-06-29 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Updating_an_ARM_system/index.html
> says that I now have to recompile anything which has changed by running 'mk
> install' in the appropriate directory. What is / which are the appropriate
> directory(ies)? I can't seem to figure out where the update source code is.
> Thanks very much.

any directories with updated source.  :-)  if you don't want to think about
it, and you are confident that the pull was correct then mk install from
/sys/src.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Update Raspberry Pi Steps (Wiki Confusion)
@ 2014-06-29 21:56 ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2014-06-29 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 16:28:34 CDT Brian Vito <brian.vito2@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to update my Raspberry Pi, and I've run:
>
> replica/pull -v /dist/replica/network
>
> The wiki at
> http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Updating_an_ARM_system/index.html
> says that I now have to recompile anything which has changed by running 'mk
> install' in the appropriate directory. What is / which are the appropriate
> directory(ies)? I can't seem to figure out where the update source code is.
> Thanks very much.

Due to the recent addition of the nsec() syscall make sure you
update the kernel first (assuming you are running Richard
Miller's 9pi img).

cd /sys/src
mk	# this rebuild everything but doesn't install binaries
	# some are needed for the root image
cd /sys/src/9/bcm
mk	# this build 9pi
dosmnt 1 /n/c
cp 9pi /n/c/9pi # assuming you are running 9pi
fshalt
^T^Tr	# to reboot

Once rebooted

cd /sys/src
mk install

* Re: [9fans] Update Raspberry Pi Steps (Wiki Confusion)
       [not found] <9DB59F3F-B27B-434D-8E6C-9A076EFD0E57@hamnavoe.com>
@ 2014-06-30 10:11 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2014-06-30 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Due to the recent addition of the nsec() syscall make sure you
> update the kernel first

Or just grab a new 9pi kernel from /n/sources/contrib/miller,
which I've now updated with the new syscall. 9pi.img.gz has also
been brought up to date and contains the latest Broadcom
firmware files.