* [9fans] github blob exchange
@ 2015-08-10 10:04 Ingo Krabbe
From: Ingo Krabbe @ 2015-08-10 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi Plan9ers,

I wrote a little rc script for my personal use. I want to share it with you, as it look quite usefull to me (why would I have wrote it otherwise).

	https://github.com/ikrabbe/github.rc

Check it out and tell me your thoughts.

Regards,

ingo

* Re: [9fans] github blob exchange
@ 2015-08-10 13:26 ` Ryan Gonzalez
From: Ryan Gonzalez @ 2015-08-10 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, Ingo Krabbe

I saw "GitHub" and "Plan 9" together and immediately heard angels singing. :)

Question what does the --raw option do?

--
Sent from my Nexus 5 with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

* Re: [9fans] github blob exchange
@ 2015-08-10 14:04   ` Ingo Krabbe
From: Ingo Krabbe @ 2015-08-10 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Actually the command is no rocket science. You can simply use hget, sed and htmlfmt to reach similar things. The 'github' command is a kind of shortcut to blobs from github repositories.

The --raw mode is the opposite of --blob. I changed the code that *.md files are automatically read blob files, not raw files, though this does not make too much sense on plan9 terminals. I'm just experimenting a bit with the possible transfer modes for files.

So for *.md Files --blob mode is automatically selected. Using --raw with *.md Files (such as README.md) will choose the raw mode anyway.

For all other files --raw is the default mode and --blob can be chosen to get the html table. But --blob mode for syntax highlighted files does not work yet, as the output is not in an <article> tag (as it is the case with *.md Files).

Regards,

ingo

@ 2015-08-10 17:01   ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2015-08-10 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Quoting Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19@gmail.com>:

> I saw "GitHub" and "Plan 9" together and immediately heard angels singing. :)

A funeral dirge?

khm