* [9fans] hget rc vs. hget bin: fix in kerTeX
@ 2017-08-20 12:17 tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2017-08-20 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

I have reinstalled Plan9 and since the "original" iso had many problems
with my hardware, I went to 9front. I must say that this has solved a
lot so thanks! to the ones that did some good job!

Since in 9front, hget(1) is a rc script and not a binary, the usage of
hget(1) for the kerTeX packages (all the admin programs are shared
between OSes, so I selected a subset of POSIX.2), called under ape/sh,
failed.

I have solved the problem (by calling rc with "-c" and cleaning the
environment with "rfork E;" before calling hget(1)) and this should
work for all the variants of Plan9 installations.

I have been able to verify, this time, that the m3D package works under
Plan9, and that creating the 'showcase' example, generating the PS with
kertex/dvips(1), and showing the file with: "page -w showcase.ps" works
(and simpler than on Unices). (Trying to pipe dvips output directly to
"page -w" doesn't seem to work.)

[ For the ones who don't know, kerTeX is a distribution of TeX and al.

http://www.kergis.com/en/kertex.html

and there is a get_mk_install.rc file to... get, make (not mk...) and
install for Plan9. And yes LaTeX is supported as a package with many
more. This is up to date with TeX, METAFONT, LaTeX etc.
]

Cheers,
                     http://www.kergis.com/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-08-20 12:17 UTC | newest]