* [9fans] kerTeX update: m3D for 3D images with MetaPost
@ 2017-08-17  9:47 tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2017-08-17  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

I have updated kerTeX. The most visible change for user is the
possibility to use Anthony Phan's m3D macros for MetaPost allowing
3D figures (this is a package, so it is m3D@mp.sh package and not
included in the core distribution).

I have tested (and corrected) compilation, installation and creation
of the examples figures on my (poor) Plan9 installation but it is
so faulty that I never managed to view the result by page'ing the
ps (gs takes ages).

If someone has, at any time, the possibility to test on a correct Plan9
installation, I will be happy to have feedback (success or failure).

Cheers,
                     http://www.kergis.com/

* Re: [9fans] kerTeX update: m3D for 3D images with MetaPost
@ 2017-08-21 21:39 ` Iruatã Souza
From: Iruatã Souza @ 2017-08-21 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 08/17/2017 06:47 AM, tlaronde@polynum.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have updated kerTeX. The most visible change for user is the
> possibility to use Anthony Phan's m3D macros for MetaPost allowing
> 3D figures (this is a package, so it is m3D@mp.sh package and not
> included in the core distribution).
>
> I have tested (and corrected) compilation, installation and creation
> of the examples figures on my (poor) Plan9 installation but it is
> so faulty that I never managed to view the result by page'ing the
> ps (gs takes ages).
>
> If someone has, at any time, the possibility to test on a correct Plan9
> installation, I will be happy to have feedback (success or failure).
>
> Cheers,

I can help testing if you can tell me what to do.

* Re: [9fans] kerTeX update: m3D for 3D images with MetaPost
@ 2017-08-22  7:22   ` tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2017-08-22  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 06:39:25PM -0300, Iruatã Souza wrote:
> On 08/17/2017 06:47 AM, tlaronde@polynum.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have updated kerTeX. The most visible change for user is the
> > possibility to use Anthony Phan's m3D macros for MetaPost allowing
> > 3D figures (this is a package, so it is m3D@mp.sh package and not
> > included in the core distribution).
> >
> > I have tested (and corrected) compilation, installation and creation
> > of the examples figures on my (poor) Plan9 installation but it is
> > so faulty that I never managed to view the result by page'ing the
> > ps (gs takes ages).
> >
> > If someone has, at any time, the possibility to test on a correct Plan9
> > installation, I will be happy to have feedback (success or failure).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> I can help testing if you can tell me what to do.

Thank you! But the test has finally been done since I reinstalled plan9
but, this time, the 9front version---and it went quite well and my
system finally works!

If you're curious:

Installing kerTeX (with the get_mk_install.rc) and installing the m3D
package (cmd: ape/sh m3D@mp.sh install) and then generating the samples
by following the instructions published at the end of the installation,
you can then see the result by:

kertex/dvips showcase.dvi >showcase.ps
page -w showcase.ps

Thank you for the proposal!