* ape/make choking on spurious continuation line
@ 2020-07-02 13:52 tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2020-07-02 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

Someone trying to install kerTeX under plan9 (9front) was not succeeding
so I had a look.

In my created makefiles (the compilation and installation is done with
POSIX(2) tools so under ape), the ones related to MetaPost had a spurious
continuation line before an empty line in a list of token in the
definition of a variable:

CPRODUCTS = imp.c\
	mp0.c\
	...\
	mp12.c\

ape/make choked on this detecting an "infinite recursive expansion"
(from memory; I did not write it down verbatim).

Since leading and trailing blanks are not significant, this might be
considered a bug (yes, I have corrected the makefile skeletons since
this was incorrect and the bundle is corrected even if not for the
moment advertised on the site).

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-02 13:53 UTC | newest]