* [9fans] IWP9 10th Edition
       [not found] <2040833127.4211000.1700080814953.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2023-11-15 20:40 ` Brian L. Stuart
From: Brian L. Stuart @ 2023-11-15 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The Plan 9 Foundation and the Workshop Program Committee are
pleased to invite participation in the 10th International
Workshop on Plan 9.  This event will take place April 12-14,
2024 on the campus of Drexel University in Philadelphia.  We
invite submission of papers, works in progress (WiPs), and
workshop proposals.  Everyone interested in Plan 9 and
related technologies is encouraged to attend.

To assist in your planning, a few key dates include:
January 30, 2024: Submission Deadline
March 10, 2024: Preferred Registration Deadline (later
registrations will be accepted)
April 12-14, 2024: The Workshop
We will be following up with details on hotels.

For complete details, see the Call for Papers at:

https://www.cs.drexel.edu/~bls96/iwp9_2024_cfp.pdf

A special note on scheduling: the workshop falls on the
weekend following the upcoming total solar eclipse on April
8, 2024. Although we will not have totality in Philadelphia,
the path of totality is reachable from Philadelphia in less
than a day's driving time. So take advantage of the
scheduling to experience both one of nature's most amazing
events and discussions of computing's most amazing operating
system.

Brian L. Stuart
IWP9 Program Committee

* Re: [9fans] IWP9 10th Edition
@ 2024-01-09 19:53   ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2024-01-09 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi everyone,

Paper submission deadline is coming up fast. We understand that some
may be hesitant to submit papers or WIPs for various reasons.  If you
have any questions or concerns that are holding you back, please
contact us.  We are also planning to provide a help session (Google
Meet) to answer questions and give feedback.  You can use the
addresses provided for paper and WIP submissions at
https://www.iwp9.org to ask questions or get information about the
help session.

Thanks,
-Skip

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 2:03 PM Brian L. Stuart <blstuart@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> The Plan 9 Foundation and the Workshop Program Committee are
> pleased to invite participation in the 10th International
> Workshop on Plan 9.  This event will take place April 12-14,
> 2024 on the campus of Drexel University in Philadelphia.  We
> invite submission of papers, works in progress (WiPs), and
> workshop proposals.  Everyone interested in Plan 9 and
> related technologies is encouraged to attend.
>
> To assist in your planning, a few key dates include:
> January 30, 2024: Submission Deadline
> March 10, 2024: Preferred Registration Deadline (later
> registrations will be accepted)
> April 12-14, 2024: The Workshop
> We will be following up with details on hotels.
>
> For complete details, see the Call for Papers at:
>
> https://www.cs.drexel.edu/~bls96/iwp9_2024_cfp.pdf
>
> A special note on scheduling: the workshop falls on the
> weekend following the upcoming total solar eclipse on April
> 8, 2024. Although we will not have totality in Philadelphia,
> the path of totality is reachable from Philadelphia in less
> than a day's driving time. So take advantage of the
> scheduling to experience both one of nature's most amazing
> events and discussions of computing's most amazing operating
> system.
>
> Brian L. Stuart
> IWP9 Program Committee

* Re: [9fans] IWP9 10th Edition
@ 2024-01-10  0:23     ` Ori Bernstein
From: Ori Bernstein @ 2024-01-10  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This probably should have been mentioned earlier -- while it'd be better
to have presentations in person, we'd be happy to take remote presentations
too.

--
    Ori Bernstein