* Re: [9fans] TLS 2.x
@ 2017-04-21 13:42 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2017-04-21 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

you might want to update cc/5c/5l as well. arm supports 32*32 -> 64
multiplication and multiply-add instructions which come in handy with
poly1305. also support for bit rotations (both chacha20 and poly1305).

--
cinap

* Re: [9fans] TLS 2.x
@ 2017-04-21 13:28 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2017-04-21 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

its called devtls. devssl is not used by anything but legacy cpu/import.

yes, for tls1.1 and tls1.2, the record format has changed. (explicit iv
and aead cipher construction (aes-gcm/chacha20-poly1305).

theres no such thing as tls 2.x, the upcoming version is tls1.3.

you probably also want to use mpc and update your libmp.

--
cinap

* [9fans] TLS 2.x
@ 2017-04-21 13:15 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2017-04-21 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I am running richard Miller's Raspberry pi kernel.

I want to update my TLS so I can use modern https.

I have lifted the /sys/src/libsec from 9front, built that
and rebuilt my kernel to use it - devssl.c doesn't seem to have changed.

Unfortunately I still have problems:
	hget https://xxx...

	tlsClient: Hangup
	tlsClient: Hangup
	tlsClient: Hangup
	etc.

Have I missed a step (is there somthing else I need to update?),
or have I just messed it up?

-Steve