* Re: [9fans] displaying postscript slides with page(1)
@ 2002-11-29  8:33 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-11-29  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I used to do this to generate the ps and to do the presentation:

dvips -T297mm,297mm intro.dvi -o intro.ps
window -r 0 0 1020 760 page -p 90 intro.ps

Note the ugly -T param to convince it not to truncate the page at 2/3.

These days I've found a much better way just by doing it with troff.
I just use these two mk rules to print (landscape) and view the slides
(*.mf files in my case). I generate the presentation right from the source,
which I'd never do with latex (you don't want to wait while it compiles).

	troff -mpictures -mfoils $stem.mf |lp -dstdout -m0.7  | page -w -p130 -R

%.lp:D:%.mf
	troff -mpictures -mfoils $stem.mf | lp -L -dstdout -m0.7

hth

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1868 bytes --]

From: andrey mirtchovski <andrey@lanl.gov>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] displaying postscript slides with page(1)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 13:01:57 -0700 (MST)

does anyone know how to display postscript in landscape mode in page?

another thing, when displaying dvi slides (created with the latex
available for plan9) page (or rather dvips) displays the text in the
right direction, but the page is still in portrait mode and the last 1/3
of the text is cut off.

on the other hand same slides created on a different machine are displayed
rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise.

the dvipost filter for lp doesn't seem to produce anything (tried with -L)

any suggestions are welcome :)

andrey

* [9fans] displaying postscript slides with page(1)
@ 2002-11-28 20:01 andrey mirtchovski