* [9fans] Plan 9 on BeagleBone?
@ 2014-03-07  6:43 Caleb Malchik
From: Caleb Malchik @ 2014-03-07  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Greetings,

I've been wanting to get Plan 9 running for a while, and I decided it
would be worth it to get some hardware to dedicate to this curiosity.
Raspberry Pi is a possibility, but I really want to support the more
free/open alternatives such as BeagleBone. How far is Plan 9 from
BeagleBone (Black) compatibility?

I'd be willing to help get it working, but I'd need some guidance. I know
C but I've never written a driver and have no experience with
installations. If BeagleBone compatibility is too far off I will just go
with the Pi as I really want to start diving into Plan 9 this summer.

Regards,
Caleb

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on BeagleBone?
@ 2014-03-07 16:50 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-03-07 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I've been wanting to get Plan 9 running for a while, and I decided it
> would be worth it to get some hardware to dedicate to this curiosity.
> Raspberry Pi is a possibility, but I really want to support the more
> free/open alternatives such as BeagleBone. How far is Plan 9 from
> BeagleBone (Black) compatibility?

a kernel.  some of the generic arm bits are done.  i have the hardware, but am lacking time.

- erik