* [9fans] old news?
@ 2008-11-26  4:32 Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-11-26  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Re: [9fans] old news?
@ 2008-12-12  9:37 ` reverend maxwell snort
From: reverend maxwell snort @ 2008-12-12  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <21F4CF04-81C2-4270-A947-D244600A3FE4@mac.com>, pietro10
@mac.com says...

> http://lame.sourceforge.net/download.php
>
> "LAME compiles on ... Plan 9, ..."

think about it...
lame will compile on a cell phone.
lame will compile on a glorified memory stick
it's probably been compiled on the embedded OS of an external HDD
if it had USB, lame would probably compile on a toaster

-hey, that's a thought: iToast, with downloadable shades and a pat of
butter you can't replace.  ...or would berkeley get upset?

(sorry to just go off unannounced like that; I've followed plan9 for a
couple of years now and run it on one of my boxes because I like glenda;
but I normally hang out in ALT.*, and you know we have no manners there.
I see a setup like "LAME compiles on..." and I'm supposed to leave it
alone?)