* [9fans] kbdputc() in devcons.c in 9front?
@ 2014-07-17  1:59 kokamoto
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: kokamoto @ 2014-07-17  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm checking how I should build my Plan9 system
in my home environment.   As I said before, we
have to save power as possible as we can (no
nuclear power energy here).   If I choose one
file/auth/cpu server machine, Plan9front may be
fastest.   However, I have here one serious problem.
Ktrans does not work on it.

You, 9front developpers, created kbdfs, and
lost kbdputc() in port/devcdons.c.   Most of
pc/kbd.c stuffs are driven out to user space, kbdfs.

In lab's or 9atom's distribution, I can have
/rc/bin/Kanji, like:
	#!/bin/rc

	pipefile -r ktrans /dev/cons
	rio -i $home/lib/windows </dev/cons

This assumes that the keyboard input from
stdin, and produces kanji translated character to
/dev/cons.

What is the merrit to create kbdfs?
I cann't see it, but only demerit like above.

Kenji