* [9fans] SSHv2 and scp
@ 2012-04-03  3:48 Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2012-04-03  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

scp seems a bit unhappy with the new ssh as well. Single file copies work in both directions, and copying multiple files to plan9 works, but copying multiple files from plan9 to remote unix systems barfs:

: lyndon@gandalf:/sys/src/cmd/unix/u9fs; lc
LICENSE			convM2S.c		fcall.h			print.c			strecpy.c		utfrune.c
authnone.c		convS2M.c		fcallconv.c		random.c		sun-inttypes.h
authp9any.c		cygwin.c		makefile		readn.c			tokenize.c
authrhosts.c	des.c			oldfcall.c		remotehost.c	u9fs.c
convD2M.c		dirmodeconv.c	oldfcall.h		rune.c			u9fs.h
convM2D.c		doprint.c		plan9.h			safecpy.c		u9fsauth.h
: lyndon@gandalf:/sys/src/cmd/unix/u9fs; scp -v * legolas:src/u9fs
gandalf: remote destination: send LICENSE to legolas:src/u9fs
gandalf: remotessh: legolas: scp -d -v -t src/u9fs
scp: unexpected response character 0x75
Connection closed by server
usage: scp [-12346BCpqrv] [-c cipher] [-F ssh_config] [-i identity_file]
: lyndon@gandalf:/sys/src/cmd/unix/u9fs; EOF on client side
scp -v * treebeard:src/u9fs
gandalf: remote destination: send LICENSE to treebeard:src/u9fs
gandalf: remotessh: treebeard: scp -d -v -t src/u9fs
scp: unexpected response character 0x55
Connection closed by server
Usage: scp [-pqrvBC46] [-F config] [-S program] [-P port]
: lyndon@gandalf:/sys/src/cmd/unix/u9fs; EOF on client side

legolas is running FreeBSD 9.0; treebeard is OpenSolaris snv_b134, so the target ssh implementations are quite different. Sometimes the "unexpected character" comes back as 0x63.

* Re: [9fans] SSHv2 and scp
@ 2012-04-03 18:14 ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2012-04-03 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have fixed various bugs in ssh2; they'll be in the ssh2
on sources once it's all shaken down.

* Re: [9fans] SSHv2 and scp
@ 2012-04-04  4:21   ` Lucio De Re
       [not found]     ` <CAJJ04x4MEW8G=geSOsZ4CgoDeDC6seUtJ7k11R11nUue4W-xTA@mail.gmail.c>
From: Lucio De Re @ 2012-04-04  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I have fixed various bugs in ssh2; they'll be in the ssh2
> on sources once it's all shaken down.

Wow!

++L

* Re: [9fans] SSHv2 and scp
@ 2012-04-04  4:29     ` David Leimbach
       [not found]     ` <CAJJ04x4MEW8G=geSOsZ4CgoDeDC6seUtJ7k11R11nUue4W-xTA@mail.gmail.c>
From: David Leimbach @ 2012-04-04  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tuesday, April 3, 2012, Lucio De Re wrote:

> > I have fixed various bugs in ssh2; they'll be in the ssh2
> > on sources once it's all shaken down.
>
> Wow!
>
> ++L

Makes me want fire my guru plug back up

* Re: [9fans] SSHv2 and scp
@ 2012-04-04  4:43       ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2012-04-04  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Makes me want fire my guru plug back up

My sheevaplug (does that put me in a lower or higher caste?) is
waiting for somebody to write me a Go runtime preamble (actually, just
help me along with a few hints that will make it possible for me to
write it - last I looked at the Linux/Arm stuff, I got such a fright,
I thought the Arm was a hopeless case; I have recovered a little from
the fright, but my faith is still badly shaken!) and for something
Plan 9-ish that escapes me right now.

I look forlornly at the plug on my desk, it is still so much of a
novelty to me.  And it does work!  My Android phone is much more of a
disappointment, but then it ought to be a Plan 9 phone, oughtn't it?

++L

* Re: [9fans] SSHv2 and scp
       [not found]     ` <CAJJ04x4MEW8G=geSOsZ4CgoDeDC6seUtJ7k11R11nUue4W-xTA@mail.gmail.c>
@ 2012-04-04 12:42       ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2012-04-04 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Makes me want fire my guru plug back up

since i'm experimenting on all the x86 machines i have
(between nix and some disk work, they're all busy), i've
been using my openrd as a terminal again.  it's already
irritatingly slow.  (and don't even think of using gs.)  it
gets pounded by an intel atom. isn't the guru clocked
at just 2/3rds that of the openrd?  ouch!

- erik