* [9fans] lsr
@ 2008-09-05 15:08 gas
From: gas @ 2008-09-05 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

How come lsr [http://swtch.com/lsr.c] is not in the distribution? To me,
it seems reasonable to put it there. The find-like hacks on the wiki,
using du -a, awk &c are useless when the filenames have spaces, du quotes
its output and the quotes get quoted. Also, lsr is in use for "contrib".

/G.

Går det långsamt? Skaffa dig en snabbare bredbandsuppkoppling.
Sök och jämför priser hos Kelkoo.
http://www.kelkoo.se/c-100015813-bredband.html?partnerId=96914325

* Re: [9fans] lsr
@ 2008-09-05 16:57 ` a
From: a @ 2008-09-05 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

There's also 'walk' by Dan Cross, in /n/sources/contrib/cross/walk.c.
Lsr's faster (bufio?), but I like walk's depth-limiting switch (and it
sounds like you might like the quoting switch).

Dan also did sor ("streaming or") to apply various tests to files. The
two in combination do very well for replacing 99% of find usage. See
Dan's posts here:
	http://9fans.net/archive/2002/10/653
	http://9fans.net/archive/2002/10/655
I see no reason sor wouldn't work with lsr, too. Also in Dan's contrib.

I can't particularly say why either one's not in the distribution. First
order, I assume the authors never submitted them for inclusion.
Anthony