* [9fans] diff3 for c source
@ 2010-10-06  8:33 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2010-10-06  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Anyone know of a tool that works like diff3 but has a fairly deep
knowledge of C cyntax, so it can merge changes at the C token level rather
than at the line level?

The problem I am trying to solve is keeping the (say) 9vx source in sync with
the plan9 kernel.

alternatively anyone known know of somthing which might be able to modify
the plan9 source to make it acceptable to gcc

	• adding names for unused function parameters
	• adding names for blind structure members
	• adding apropriate names for "auto structure member selection based on type"

the ed technique russ used is neat, and diff3 (v7 diff3 in my contrib) could do a
little better, but a real solution still eludes me.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] diff3 for c source
@ 2010-10-06  9:14 ` yy
From: yy @ 2010-10-06  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2010/10/6 Steve Simon <steve@quintile.net>:
> alternatively anyone known know of somthing which might be able to modify
> the plan9 source to make it acceptable to gcc
>
>        • adding names for unused function parameters
>        • adding names for blind structure members
>        • adding apropriate names for "auto structure member selection based on type"

Soon, you won't need to modify anything:

:-)

--
- yiyus || JGL . 4l77.com

* Re: [9fans] diff3 for c source
@ 2010-10-06 10:23   ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2010-10-06 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks yiyus (and fgb on IRC).

This is just what the doctor ordered, I am a happy man.

Now I just need to apply the patch and rebuild mingw;
hopefully it is self hosting.

-Steve