* [9fans] standalone auth/cpu server and fossil?
@ 2005-07-14 14:55 rattan
From: rattan @ 2005-07-14 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

For adding owner for fossil, the wiki page says:

term% cons /srv/fscons
prompt: uname bootes bootes
prompt: fsys main
main: create /active/cron/user user user d775
  (? does it refer to bootes user just added?)
main: create /active/sys/log/cron user user a664
  (? again bootes??)
main:

how to get out of fscons to get back to term% prompt??

Also does this procedure has to be repeated every time
a new user is added or just for bootes?

-ishwar

* Re: [9fans] standalone auth/cpu server and fossil?
@ 2005-07-14 16:24 ` LiteStar numnums
From: LiteStar numnums @ 2005-07-14 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

You don't really need to con /srv/fscons; echo's will do perfectly:
echo 'uname bootes bootes' >> /srv/fscons
There is even a significantly better example in the wiki:
http://cm.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Adding_a_new_user/index.html
You can use the above script to add users, or simply create your own
with echo's into /srv/fscons. Cheers!
 -- Stefan

--
In possibility the eternal, rightly understood, continually lays out
only a small piece at a time

* Re: [9fans] standalone auth/cpu server and fossil?
@ 2005-07-14 16:28   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-07-14 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LiteStar numnums, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> You don't really need to con /srv/fscons; echo's will do perfectly:
> echo 'uname bootes bootes' >> /srv/fscons

Unless you want to see errors.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] standalone auth/cpu server and fossil?
@ 2005-07-14 19:16     ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2005-07-14 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russ Cox, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 12:28:46PM -0400, Russ Cox wrote:
> Unless you want to see errors.

Does anyone actually *want* to see errors?

	- Dan C.

:-)

* Re: [9fans] standalone auth/cpu server and fossil?
@ 2005-07-14 19:20       ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2005-07-14 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

To paraphrase Mr Rumsfeld:

We know the errors we know,
and we know the errors we don't know,
but what we don't know is what we don't know we don't know.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] standalone auth/cpu server and fossil?
@ 2005-07-15  1:20     ` LiteStar numnums
From: LiteStar numnums @ 2005-07-15  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russ Cox; +Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Meh, errors smerrors =P.