* [9fans] a few drawterm fixes
@ 2010-12-28 22:03 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-12-28 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i put them up on bitbucket as a patch queue, just to torture myself.
since so much suffering was involved, i'll put the cliff notes on how
to fight^winteract with it here.  i hope this doesn't bore anybody
or make anyone want to jump out a window.

edit your $home/.hgrc to have
	[extensions]
	mq =
obviously with no leading white space.  then run
	hg qclone https://quanstro@bitbucket.org/quanstro/drawterm-fixes
	cd drawterm-fixes
	hg qpush -a		# apply all the patches
then build like normal

by the way, don't even try the ssh option.  it does not work.
if patches are added, i'm not quite sure how to add them.
if anybody does, please let me know off line.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] a few drawterm fixes
@ 2010-12-29  4:07 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2010-12-29  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

The ssh option works fine for me.

There is one well-known issue with ssh and one with python. But there
is a group of us who have been using bitbucket for several years now
and it can work.

ron

* Re: [9fans] a few drawterm fixes
@ 2010-12-29  4:09   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-12-29  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue Dec 28 23:08:18 EST 2010, rminnich@gmail.com wrote:
> The ssh option works fine for me.
>
> There is one well-known issue with ssh and one with python. But there
> is a group of us who have been using bitbucket for several years now
> and it can work.

with patch queues?  the qclone'd directory is empty with ssh, but
not with https.

do you want to let us in on the "well-known" issues?

- erik