* [9fans] ken's fs
@ 2007-10-25 16:34 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-10-25 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i refreshed my copy on sources (/n/sources/contrib/quanstro/src/myfs).
if used with /n/sources/contrib/quanstro/9loadaoe, it will recognize
the results of the e820 scan. my machine reports,
found 1 e820 memory banks 3326MB+13056MB
	topofmem = cfc00000
	cpuiddx bfebfbff
	pse: yes
(which is good, because the fs set up just this spring is averaging

the e820 scan is done from l.s so if you copy the #include "real820.s"
line from that l.s, you can use it in any other 9load.
but 9loadaoe has a few advantages.  it's a little more forgiving of packets
arriving at the wrong time, a little better with multiple interfaces and
will allow one to boot from aoe storage.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] ken's fs
@ 2007-10-25 17:03 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-10-25 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i refreshed my copy on sources (/n/sources/contrib/quanstro/src/myfs).
> if used with /n/sources/contrib/quanstro/9loadaoe, it will recognize
> the results of the e820 scan. my machine reports,
> found 1 e820 memory banks 3326MB+13056MB
> 	topofmem = cfc00000
> 	cpuiddx bfebfbff
> 	pse: yes
> (which is good, because the fs set up just this spring is averaging
>
> the e820 scan is done from l.s so if you copy the #include "real820.s"
> line from that l.s, you can use it in any other 9load.
> but 9loadaoe has a few advantages.  it's a little more forgiving of packets
> arriving at the wrong time, a little better with multiple interfaces and
> will allow one to boot from aoe storage.
>
> - erik

cut and paste error
should read:

i refreshed my copy on sources (/n/sources/contrib/quanstro/src/myfs).
if used with /n/sources/contrib/quanstro/9loadaoe, it will recognize
the results of the e820 scan.  my new fs reports 3326 MB of memory
below 4GB.

the e820 scan is done from l.s so if you copy the #include "real820.s"
line from that l.s and real820.s, you can use it other versions of 9load.