* [9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry
@ 2007-05-08 15:46 Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2007-05-08 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Re: [9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry
@ 2007-05-08 16:00 ` Rob Pike
From: Rob Pike @ 2007-05-08 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

acme -a -W 1865x1150 -l lib/acme.dump

* Re: [9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry
@ 2007-05-08 16:23   ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2007-05-08 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Re: [9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry
@ 2007-05-08 16:30     ` Arvindh Rajesh Tamilmani
From: Arvindh Rajesh Tamilmani @ 2007-05-08 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Almost.  I was insufficiently specific - I also need to control
> placement of the window, in order to have it use up nearly my whole
> screen. -W doesn't seem to handle the extended X11 -geoemtry string: -
> geometry 1865x1150+0-0

    acme -a -W 1392x942@0,100 -l lib/acme.dump

from http://9fans.net/archive/2005/02/393.

* Re: [9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry
@ 2007-05-08 16:31     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2007-05-08 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Almost.  I was insufficiently specific - I also need to control
> placement of the window, in order to have it use up nearly my whole
> screen. -W doesn't seem to handle the extended X11 -geoemtry string: -
> geometry 1865x1150+0-0

It does, just not like that.  Intro(1):

          Many of the graphical programs from Plan 9 are present,
          including sam(1) and acme(1). An X11 window manager rio(1)
          mimics Plan 9's window system, with command windows imple-
          mented by the external program 9term(1). Following the style
          of X Windows, these programs run in new windows rather than
          the one in which they are invoked.  They all take a -W
          option to specify the size and placement of the new window.
          The argument is one of widthxheight, widthxheight@xmin,xmax,
          or xmin,ymin,xmax,ymax.

So -W 1865x1150@10,10 or -W 10,10,1875,1160

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Opening p9p acme to a particular geometry
@ 2007-05-08 16:40       ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2007-05-08 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs