* [9fans] Can we run Plan 9 on WD My Book Live [PowerPC] architecture?
@ 2011-05-19 14:40 ROuNIN
From: ROuNIN @ 2011-05-19 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello all,
Recently, came across this at [http://blog.marc-seeger.de/2011/03/20/
the-western-digital-mybook-live]:

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor  : 0
cpu       : APM82181
clock      : 800.000008MHz
revision  : 28.129 (pvr 12c4 1c81)
bogomips : 1600.00
timebase    : 800000008
platform  : PowerPC 44x Platform
model      : amcc,apollo3g
Memory        : 256 MB

It has an 800MHz CPU with 256 MB RAM

So, question I have is there a possibility that we can we run Plan 9
or plan9port on WD My Book Live [PowerPC] architecture?

Many thanks,
ROuNIN

* Re: [9fans] Can we run Plan 9 on WD My Book Live [PowerPC] architecture?
@ 2011-05-19 14:56 ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2011-05-19 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 7:40 AM, ROuNIN <rounin.urashima@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> Recently, came across this at [http://blog.marc-seeger.de/2011/03/20/
> the-western-digital-mybook-live]:
>
> # cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor  : 0
> cpu       : APM82181
> clock      : 800.000008MHz
> revision  : 28.129 (pvr 12c4 1c81)
> bogomips : 1600.00
> timebase    : 800000008
> platform  : PowerPC 44x Platform
> model      : amcc,apollo3g
> Memory        : 256 MB
>
> It has an 800MHz CPU with 256 MB RAM
>
> So, question I have is there a possibility that we can we run Plan 9
> or plan9port on WD My Book Live [PowerPC] architecture?
>
> Many thanks,
> ROuNIN

The Blue Gene kernel is for PPC 44x, so support is at least partly available.

John

* Re: [9fans] Can we run Plan 9 on WD My Book Live [PowerPC] architecture?
@ 2011-05-19 16:33 ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2011-05-19 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs