* [9fans] Plan9 n00b questions
@ 2003-02-13  9:38 maynard
From: maynard @ 2003-02-13  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have been playing with Plan9 since com release in 95 (yeap bought
the book and cd's :) but due to single box hardware conflicts (it
wouldnt co-exist with windoz) I shelfed it over and over. Tweeked my
current hardware and played with the vga and have a standalone server
running. So I'm back in the learning curve (forgotten everything I
learned before) I have a question; I would like to send and receive
email whilst im playing with p9, I use bellsouth ADSL for Internet, Is
there some documentation that someone could point me to for a pop
client (to get my bellsouth.net mail and smtp to I can forward mail
out of plan9?

thx in advance

* Re: [9fans] Plan9 n00b questions
@ 2003-02-13 10:12 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2003-02-13 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is
> there some documentation that someone could point me to for a pop
> client (to get my bellsouth.net mail and smtp to I can forward mail
> out of plan9?

Look at the wiki pages for "Mail configuration", at the official site.

* Re: [9fans] Plan9 n00b questions
@ 2003-02-14  9:31   ` maynard
From: maynard @ 2003-02-14  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

fst@centurytel.net (Skip Tavakkolian) wrote in message news:<ce6e1978a22ca25a4c3b80d4bf6a1593@centurytel.net>...
> > Is
> > there some documentation that someone could point me to for a pop
> > client (to get my bellsouth.net mail and smtp to I can forward mail
> > out of plan9?
>
> Look at the wiki pages for "Mail configuration", at the official site.

Thanks took a look but the point eluded me :)

* Re: [9fans] Plan9 n00b questions
@ 2003-02-14 14:42     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-02-14 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Thanks took a look but the point eluded me :)

see upasfs(4).  you want to run

	upas/fs -f/pop/your.server

smtp is explained in the mail config page.