* [9fans] fossil corruption (no venti)
@ 2008-11-20 17:49 a
From: a @ 2008-11-20 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a laptop wit a fossil partion which is not backed by
venti. Yesterday I scrambled my display and had to reboot
without shutting things down nicely. That fossil was not
my root, but I believe it was running, with "main" open.

Today, running 'fossil/fossil -f /dev/sdC0/fossil' gives:

cacheLocalData: addr=757 type got 8 exp 8: tag got 53ed9b6c exp 71875e60
fsOpen error
fsys main open -V -c 750: fsOpen: fileRoot: block label mismatch

and then some follow-on errors from commands trying to
do things with "fsys main". fossil/flchk gives similar
results (the first line is identical). Is it possible to recover
this fs?

Aside: this comes less than a week after the HD in my
MacBook gave up the ghost. Not a good week for storage.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-11-20 17:49 UTC | newest]