From: "Russ Cox" <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] hangar 18
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:52:24 -0400	[thread overview]

> So you think using Plan 9 in real world clustering is off topic?
> Interesting viewpoint.

While it's not off-topic for the list in general,
it's certainly off-topic in a thread titled "Russian keyboard".

> Just another example of why you guys are lost in the ozone.

I suspect the real thing Dan was complaining about was your
attitude.

You clearly have something against some people on this list
or against the list itself.  The only time you ever post is
to tell people that 9fans sucks and we should all be reading
the Hangar 18 or Open Forge discussion lists instead.  Why
are you so angry with us?  What did we do?

It seems like you've been quite successful at promoting
your user group and Plan 9 in general.  Why must 9fans be
at odds with this?

Even if we agree with your belief that "Lucent would -not-
be a good 'parent'" for Plan 9, what does shunning 9fans
accomplish?  Lucent doesn't have anything to do with it.
Look at the domain name.  It's just a mailing list.

It seems like you're hell-bent on splitting off your own
separate Plan 9 community, and I just don't understand that.
The myriad different sects are one of the worst things
about Unix.  Why bring it to Plan 9?

I think it's great that you're so enthusiastic about
using and promoting Plan 9, and the projects you've got
on your Hangar 18 and Open Forge web pages look really
interesting.  Why are you so sure that promoting those
efforts requires being so condescending towards others?

Russ