From: Jim Choate <ravage@einstein.ssz.com>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Cc: <hangar18-general@open-forge.org>
Subject: Re: [9fans] hangar 18
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:23:42 -0500	[thread overview]

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Russ Cox wrote:

> You clearly have something against some people on this list
> or against the list itself.  The only time you ever post is
> to tell people that 9fans sucks

Wrong. I have -never- said anything about 9fans. Most certainly that it
ever sucked. I have zero problem with 9fans. I've -never- deprecated Plan
9 or it's users. Hell, I've been a staunch supporter of the OS since the
mid 80's. What I -do- take exception with is some of the holier than
though attitudes of -particular- individuals, the head-up-the-ass
attitude of Lucent and their licenses. There is a reason that I have
lab machines named 'pike', 'kernighan', 'ritchie', etc. However, I -do-
take -great- exception to the attitude of these same people that Plan 9
should be limited to 'research' applications. Simply because they had
-a- few good ideas doesn't mean they are always right, or that anyone
should necessarily do what they suggest.

What I -have- done is take exception to some of -your- (that's 3rd person
just to clarify the point, not that it will keep you from getting your
dander up) attitudes. I will continue to voice those concerns. If that
upsets you, good. You're clearly too complacent from getting your own way
all the time.

If you're going to throw rocks, it helps to learn to catch 'em.

Get your facts straight.

As to how often I post, I post when it's relevant to -my- interest. Just
like you (1st person) do.

Ta ta.

    We don't see things as they are,                      ravage@ssz.com
    we see them as we are.                                   www.ssz.com