* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 versus CORBA?
@ 2001-09-21 14:26 jmk
       [not found] ` <Pine.BSO.4.33L2.0109211223590.24407-100000@spy.suspicious. org>
From: jmk @ 2001-09-21 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Sep 21 10:09:35 EDT 2001, andrew@mbmnz.co.nz wrote:
> On a totally unrelated note, I'd be interested to find out why rob
> pike spells his name in lower case. Is this a literary device, like ee
> cummings, or does Plan 9 not support upper case?

Rob's heritage is Balkan, he's still getting used to vowels.
Give hime some time and he'll get round to upper case.

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 versus CORBA?
@ 2001-09-21 16:25 ` suspect
       [not found] ` <Pine.BSO.4.33L2.0109211223590.24407-100000@spy.suspicious. org>
From: suspect @ 2001-09-21 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:
> Rob's heritage is Balkan, he's still getting used to vowels.
> Give hime some time and he'll get round to upper case.
       ^^^^
I guess you got him covered on the extra vowels.
-

* [9fans] Plan 9 versus Ditka?
       [not found] ` <Pine.BSO.4.33L2.0109211223590.24407-100000@spy.suspicious. org>
@ 2001-09-21 19:49   ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2001-09-21 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, 9fans

Any opinions on this one?

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 versus Ditka?
@ 2001-09-24  8:51     ` Andrew Simmons
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2001-09-24  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

fst@real.com (Skip Tavakkolian) wrote in message news:<3.0.5.32.20010921124950.0191e948@mail.real.com>...
> Any opinions on this one?

As an English resident of New Zealand I'd never heard of Ditka, but
thanks to the wonders of the Internet I am now fully au fait with him,
and it's clear that Godzilla would wipe the floor with both of them.
See

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Makeup/8380/