* Re: [9fans] multiple cpu servers and /rc/bin/cpurc pickle
@ 2001-10-10  6:08 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-10-10  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Set sysname in plan9.ini and then
switch($sysname).  There are other ways,
like look yourself up in the cs database
by ethernet address to set sysname.
The plan9.ini is simplest for small
configurations, the cs one is probably
best in general.

* Re: [9fans] multiple cpu servers and /rc/bin/cpurc pickle
@ 2001-10-10  7:16 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2001-10-10  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, 9fans

Thanks.

This also seems to work. I first try ipconfig without params, and after, if
/net/ndb doesn't exist or is zero length, I run it with hand coded params.
Since dhcpd is only run on the main cpu/auth, I think I'm safe with this
approach.

@ 2001-10-10  5:04 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2001-10-10  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Can somebody post the cpurc for a network setup with 2 cpu servers, (a) is
an auth/cpu/kfs and (b) is just a cpu? The (b) cpu gets its ip from dhcpd
run on the first cpu (a).

The problem i have is how to tell the $sysname before ndb/cs is run, since
i need to run ipconfig with handset params for the (a) cpu [no dhcpd when
it is booting],
and with no arguments for (b) cpu.