* Re: [9fans] Some question about PowerPC?
       [not found] <036301c319d9$7c87fb70$bb0ba8c0@PBHYHECNSH>
@ 2003-05-14  6:54 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2003-05-14  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>1I want to port plan9 to MPC8260. How can I do?
>>1) Where to get compiler for PowerPC?
>>2) My host is a i386 pc, how do I make cross-compiler?

1. the compiler suite is qc/qa/ql, see manual page 2c(1), although you
	will not typically use it directly, since the system mkfiles (see mk(1))
	already set up its use correctly when the target is power

1a. for some reason the executables aren't supplied ready-made for x86, but
	it's easy to build them (see part 2).

2. plan 9 compilers don't have a special `cross-compile' mode.  just compile the
	powerpc compiler suite with the x86 compiler suite (8a/8c/8l), as follows.

	cd /sys/src/cmd
	for(a in cc qa qc ql)@{cd $a; mk install}

2a. you'll need the libraries as well, and if you've got the file system space, the
	easiest thing is to build everything for power (you'll need some of it sooner or later):

	cd /sys/src
	objtype=power mk install

	the above builds the libraries and commands for power (powerpc) architecture
	and leaves the binaries under /power/lib/... and /power/bin/...

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-14  6:54 UTC | newest]