* Re: [9fans] venti + Nt
@ 2008-07-17  2:57 Josh Wood
From: Josh Wood @ 2008-07-17  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Has anyone gotten Nt to read/write from Venti on a Plan 9 or Linux
> system?
>
> I figure one could set up something with SAMBA, but there's no
> native 9p for Nt, right?

Plan 9's aquarela(8), see the example for reading the dump. Cifs
clients can write to the intervening venti-backed Plan 9 filesystem,
but there is nothing (that I know of) like p9p's vbackup(8) for
dealing directly with venti.

There are potential ways to have 9P on windows I suppose via some of
the 9Ps for interpreted languages. But venti talks venti, not 9P.

There is an inferno venti of some level of completion. Last I
checked, the clients, but not the server, are in http://
code.google.com/p/inferno-os/.

-Josh

* Re: [9fans] venti + Nt
@ 2008-07-17  3:07 ` a
From: a @ 2008-07-17  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Perhaps related: fossilcons(8), talking about stat, says:
          The bits denoted by capital letters are included to support
          non-Plan 9 systems.  They are not made visible by the 9P
          protocol.
Has anything ever been done with this, or is this support still
theoretical?

* Re: [9fans] venti + Nt
@ 2008-07-17  6:31 ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2008-07-17  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:17 AM, Benjamin Huntsman
<BHuntsman@mail2.cu-portland.edu> wrote:
> Has anyone gotten Nt to read/write from Venti on a Plan 9 or Linux system?
>
> I figure one could set up something with SAMBA, but there's no native 9p for Nt, right?

There is native 9p for Nt.

uriel

* [9fans] venti + Nt
@ 2008-07-16 22:17 Benjamin Huntsman