* [9fans] Re: RANT - impossibility of downloading Plan9
       [not found] <pD0nd.6581$3U4.151532@news02.tsnz.net>
@ 2004-11-23  9:46 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-11-23  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> First time I tried with konqueror's http/ftp client, and bell-labs bombed
> out on me.
>
> Second time I tried using gtm, and I got 39 MB of the file before it bombed
> out.
>
> What the h*** is wrong with the system?

Why don't you use an HTTP client that restarts lost connections?

> Well, the first thing I can think of, is the stupid license terms, which
> effectively prevent Plan9 from being mirrored anywhere else, eg, which
> prevent Plan9 from making use of the excellent international set of mirrors
> in the Sourceforge system.

There's nothing preventing Plan 9 from being mirrored anywhere else
except that no one has bothered.  Where in the license does it say
that mirrors can't exist?

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Re: RANT - impossibility of downloading Plan9
@ 2004-11-23 10:09   ` Vester Thacker
From: Vester Thacker @ 2004-11-23 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:46:18 GMT, Russ Cox <russcox@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's nothing preventing Plan 9 from being mirrored anywhere else
> except that no one has bothered.  Where in the license does it say
> that mirrors can't exist?

Done.

http://www.tip9ug.jp/repository/plan9.iso.bz2
http://www.tip9ug.jp/repository/9disk.flp