* [9fans] sis 900
@ 2006-10-30 23:06 Álvaro Jurado Cuevas
From: Álvaro Jurado Cuevas @ 2006-10-30 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've got an Asrock K7S41 motherboard with SIS 900 lan integrated. I've tried
ethersis.c and an update BIOS (new has MAC algorithm updated).
Glenda doesn't recognize ethernet, anybody can help me?

Elbing

* Re: [9fans] sis 900
@ 2006-10-30 23:30 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-10-30 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: elbingmiss, 9fans

can you find the device id and vendor id with /bin/pci?

- erik
'
On Mon Oct 30 18:08:36 EST 2006, elbingmiss@gmail.com wrote:
> I've got an Asrock K7S41 motherboard with SIS 900 lan integrated. I've tried
> ethersis.c and an update BIOS (new has MAC algorithm updated).
> Glenda doesn't recognize ethernet, anybody can help me?
>
> Elbing

* Re: [9fans] sis 900
@ 2006-10-31  1:51 ` Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2006-10-31  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: elbingmiss, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hola

I used to have a sis 900 and /sys/src/9/pc/ether83815.c
worked fine after geoff updated the driver.

anyway, as erik said try "pci -v" and see if the vendor and device ID
are in the driver, if the device is recognized but the it doesn't work
try adding this to your plan9.ini

ether0=type=83815 ea=yourmacaddress

if not recognized try adding the DID and VID to the driver.

--
Federico G. Benavento