* [9fans] sis900
@ 2003-04-21  8:54 paurea
From: paurea @ 2003-04-21  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Someone was writting a driver for the ethernet sis900. In which state
is it?. Thanks a lot.
--
                 Saludos,
                         Gorka

"Curiosity sKilled the cat"

* Re: [9fans] sis900
@ 2003-04-21 13:38 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-04-21 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

here it is: http://www.acl.lanl.gov/plan9/sis900/ethersis.c

haven't used it since april last year, when i made sure it works with R4...
some work may be required to add your revision chipset in. see the top of
the file:

 * some registers not appearing in the documentation
 * were 'stolen' from freebsd's if_sis.c (found at
 * the end of the enums -- the uncommented ones).
 * eeprom reading routines come from the same driver
 * but are untested (the chipset revision we have here
 * reads the mac address from cmos).

andrey

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 paurea@gsyc.escet.urjc.es wrote:

> Someone was writting a driver for the ethernet sis900. In which state
> is it?. Thanks a lot.

* Re: [9fans] sis900
@ 2003-04-21 17:11 ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2003-04-21 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Dan Cross also has an SiS 900 driver.

I've extended Charles Forsyth's ether83815.c to drive the SiS 900 but
so far it only works under light load.  When I tried to make an SiS
900 my file server's primary interface, I was able to boot a cpu
server but it hung part way through executing cpurc.  I'm still
working on the driver in my spare time.