* [9fans] Sam/Acme commands and idioms in ASCII/Markdown
@ 2015-07-15  8:27 Anssi Porttikivi
From: Anssi Porttikivi @ 2015-07-15  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I converted

   A Sam Commands Reference Card by Steve Simon
   http://sam.cat-v.org/cheatsheet/

to Markdown ASCII format for myself to use in Acme-sac. Could be just raw
ASCII of course.

   sam-editor-commands-and-idioms.md
   http://pastebin.com/wX1f0ExG

--
mailto:app@iki.fi tel:+358407505155 home:Laajalahti,Espoo,Finland

* Re: [9fans] Sam/Acme commands and idioms in ASCII/Markdown
@ 2015-07-15 11:22 ` steve
From: steve @ 2015-07-15 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hope you didn't spend long on it,
the source is here: http://quintile.net/papers/sam-refcard.tbl if you want to reformat it.

some times I think this refcard is all I will be remembered for - better than nothing I guess.

-Steve

@ 2015-07-15 13:59 ` Antons Suspans
From: Antons Suspans @ 2015-07-15 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Tr, 07/15/2015 11:27  AM Anssi Porttikivi <porttikivi@gmail.com> rakstīja:
> I converted
>
>    A Sam Commands Reference Card by Steve Simon
>    http://sam.cat-v.org/cheatsheet/
>
> to Markdown ASCII format for myself to use in Acme-sac. Could be just raw
> ASCII of course.
>
>    sam-editor-commands-and-idioms.md
>    http://pastebin.com/wX1f0ExG

Unless that cheatsheet is concerned with some custom variant of Sam/Acme, it
could benefit from a bit of proofreading. I'd rather stick with sam(1).

--
Antons

* Re: [9fans] Sam/Acme commands and idioms in ASCII/Markdown
@ 2015-07-15 14:24   ` steve
From: steve @ 2015-07-15 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antons Suspans, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

it would be more helpful if you submitted fixes to the appropriate author if you find mistakes.

I wrote the original document based on sam(1), Sam-tut.ms, and the musings of the sam-fans list. it collates info which was hard won at the time. sam's language is so expressive few people understand, much less remember how to use it effectively.

-Steve

@ 2015-07-15 19:35   ` Anssi Porttikivi
From: Anssi Porttikivi @ 2015-07-15 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs