* [9fans] Request
@ 2004-04-03 21:41 Kiran Pamnany
From: Kiran Pamnany @ 2004-04-03 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I'm looking for a paper that was released with the
second edition of Plan 9. A while ago. It was on the
panel library.

If I remember it right, it discussed some interesting
layout automating ideas, which I wanted to experiment
with. So, if anyone has this paper, could they do me
the favor of emailing it to me?

I'm not subscribed to this list, so please reply to
my email: kyran at null dot net.

Thanks in advance :-)

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm

* Re: [9fans] Request
@ 2004-04-04 12:16 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2004-04-04 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I'm looking for a paper that was released with the
> second edition of Plan 9. A while ago. It was on the
> panel library.

I have /sys/doc/panel/panel.ps by Tom Duff.  If there is no licencing
problem with it, I can mail it to you.  Of course, you may want to try
other sources.

++L

* Re: [9fans] Request
@ 2004-04-04 19:58 ` Joel Salomon
From: Joel Salomon @ 2004-04-04 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kyran; +Cc: 9fans

 From the wiki: http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/background/index.html
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/who/rsc/panel.pdf
ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/plan9/old/doc/panel.html

--Joel

* Re: [9fans] Request
@ 2004-04-04 20:45   ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-04-04 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: salomo3, kyran; +Cc: 9fans

> http://plan9.bell-labs.com/who/rsc/panel.pdf

that web page doesn't exist anymore... curious why...

what works for the pdf is:

	rhome% 9fs sources
	post...
	rhome% page /n/sources/contrib/mothra/libpanel/panel.pdf
	reading through pdf...

won't help you much if you don't have plan9 installed, but you can
download the 'Sources Extra' iso image from the Additional Software
section on http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist..  you'll find
libpanel there.

andrey