* [9fans] port of libdraw
@ 2003-10-07  2:31 Joel Salomon
From: Joel Salomon @ 2003-10-07  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: plan 9 fans

Is the bit of libdraw in drawterm usable as a libdraw port - or as the
start of one?

--Joel

* Re: [9fans] port of libdraw
@ 2003-10-07  3:39 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-10-07  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is the bit of libdraw in drawterm usable as a libdraw port

no.

> - or as the start of one?

yes.  in fact, i built a usable libdraw from it last week.
rob and i have samterm from /sys/src/cmd/samterm compiling
and running on mac os x, freebsd, and linux.

i will post it in a day or two.

russ

* [9fans] What's up with the wiki?
@ 2003-10-07  3:54   ` Jim Choate
From: Jim Choate @ 2003-10-07  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Went over to look at the installation instructions and none of the links
work. Just dead text....:(

 -- --

God exists because mathematics is consistent, and the Devil exist because we
can't prove it.
                          Andre Weil, in H. Eves, Mathematical Circles Adieu

      ravage@ssz.com                            jchoate@open-forge.com
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.com

* Re: [9fans] What's up with the wiki?
@ 2003-10-07  3:55     ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-10-07  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Jim Choate wrote:

> Went over to look at the installation instructions and none of the links
> work. Just dead text....:(

if you had looked at the history you'ld have noticed that some serbian d00d
had "haxx0red" it, and somebody from utexas.edu had restored it as text
only, no links...

(ok, maybe not serbian, from the former yugoslav republic...)

andrey

* Re: [9fans] What's up with the wiki?
@ 2003-10-07  4:12       ` Jim Choate
From: Jim Choate @ 2003-10-07  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, andrey mirtchovski wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Jim Choate wrote:
>

> > Went over to look at the installation instructions and none of the links
> > work. Just dead text....:(
> >

> if you had looked at the history you'ld have noticed that some serbian d00d
> had "haxx0red" it, and somebody from utexas.edu had restored it as text
> only, no links...
>
> (ok, maybe not serbian, from the former yugoslav republic...)

No kidding? Duh. The point is that somebody really should roll the edits
back to something before those 'fixes'. That should probably be somebody
on the server side to ensure that there isn't something else going on.

 -- --

@ 2003-10-07  4:29   ` Joel Salomon
From: Joel Salomon @ 2003-10-07  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> Is the bit of libdraw in drawterm usable as the start of a libdraw port?
>
> yes.  in fact, i built a usable libdraw from it last week.
> rob and i have samterm from /sys/src/cmd/samterm compiling
> and running on mac os x, freebsd, and linux.

How much work is it? I wanted to start on a windows port and I'd like some
encouraging news like "it's real easy". I'm a wimp, I know ;-) I've got a
programming assignment that needs to run under windoze and anything to
make the graphics portion easier is worth it.

> i will post it in a day or two.

Cool! Thanks.

--Joel