* Re: [9fans] $2-$NF in kernel config files
@ 2002-10-10  2:03 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-10  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

/sys/src/9/port/mkdevlist is the implementation.

		for(i = 2; i <= NF; i++){
			if($i !~ "[+=-].*")
				obj[$i "'.$O'"]++;
		}

as presotto said, it just means use that .8 file too.
devpnp requires pci.8.

* Re: [9fans] $2-$NF in kernel config files
@ 2002-10-10  1:53 presotto
From: presotto @ 2002-10-10  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

$1 represents a dev$1.c file.  $2-$N represent $2.c - $N.c.

In this example, devpnp.c requires stuff defined in pci.c so both get included.
It's just a notation.

A devtab entry only gets generated for $1.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1766 bytes --]

From: "Roman V. Shaposhnick" <vugluskr@unicorn.math.spbu.ru>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] $2-$NF in kernel config files
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 05:38:39 +0400

Can somebody, please, give me a pointer to where $2-$NF words from kernel
config files are being used. For example [from pcflop]:

dev
        root
        cons
        arch
        pnp             pci

At what stage 'pci' word will be used? I've gone through various mk* files
but they all seem to use $1 ( except for port section and may be a couple
of weird cases ).

Thanks,
Roman.

* [9fans] $2-$NF in kernel config files