* [9fans] Missing /sys/src
@ 2000-06-24 21:44 Stephen Harris
From: Stephen Harris @ 2000-06-24 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've got plan9 running but when logging in as  glenda I don't have any
"/sys/src" directory in my  namespace, I only have "/sys/lib" and
"/sys/include" under the  /sys directory.  I also created  another user
(as in the doc) but  same thing happens for that user too.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have the initial v3 distribution (no updates), but I didn't see anything like
this listed in the errata.

* Re: [9fans] Missing /sys/src
@ 2000-06-26  9:02 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2000-06-26  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Stephen Harris wrote:
> I've got plan9 running but when logging in as  glenda I don't have any
> "/sys/src" directory in my  namespace, I only have "/sys/lib" and
> "/sys/include" under the  /sys directory.

Something is definitely wrong.  Just guessing, perhaps the archive
did not get fully unpacked.  You might unpack it manually (gunzip)
and manually use wrap/inst -oF archive_name to install on top of
what you have.  See the updates Web page for newer wrap package etc.

* Re: [9fans] Missing /sys/src
@ 2000-06-25  2:21 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-06-25  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Did the install stop halfway through?
You should download the archive again
and try

	disk/kfscmd allow
	wrap/inst plan9.9gz
	disk/kfscmd disallow

If you downloaded via the install
process, look in /dist to see if plan9.9gz
is really 50MB.  I bet it stopped earl

Russ