* [9fans] Plan 9 v3 & video chipsets
@ 2000-08-10 17:45 James A. Robinson
From: James A. Robinson @ 2000-08-10 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm finding it frustrating that the cards stocked at Fry's and such don't
carry chipset information on the boxes. And when I've searched the web for
v3 supported chipsets I end up finding cards no longer made.  Could anyone
suggest a brand name modern card with a v3  supported chipset?  When I got
my card for v2, I only planned for limited depth supported at the time.

Jim

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 v3 & video chipsets
@ 2000-08-10 18:36 ` Drew Hess
From: Drew Hess @ 2000-08-10 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

PixelUSA in San Jose carries the ATI Xpert 98.  The OEM version is $38.
Fry's in Sunnyvale had a few of these (retail box) two days ago, but they
were $69.

see http://www.pixelusa.com for details.  They do mail-order too, I think.

-dwh-

@ 2000-08-11  2:37   ` bs
From: bs @ 2000-08-11  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Or try http://www.pricescan.com for ATI Xpert 98. Best Buy was offering
it
for $48 and a $10 manufacturer's rebate.